This Kebab is my favorite … As a Kid there was one restaurant or Dhabha type place who would cook it and relished it … This is said to be origin in Pesharwar Pre- Independence time with little effect Mughlai cuisine as well as more Pashtoon cuisine … There bird was not Chicken it was Teetar type of local partridges ..
When it reached India , Present state of Punjab … It became more spicy and luxurious …This was basically a Pashtoon Tribal dish ..
“Bharwaan Tangri” is a very delicious grilled chicken dish….If u try it once m sure ur goin to include it in your next party menu….Here chicken legs are stuffed with a stuffing including chicken kheema(chicken mince) , cheese and cashewnuts which gives them a superb taste.
- 4 chicken drumsticks(Choose legs which are big in size and broad in shape)
First Marinade :
- 1 table spoon lemon juice
- 1 tea spoon red chili powder
- 1/2 tea spoon salt
Second Marinade :
- 1 cup thick hung curd
- 1/2 cup thick cream
- 2 table spoon grated cheese
- 1 tea spoon shahi jeera crushed
- 1 table spoon cornflour
- 1-2 tea spoon red chiili powder
- pinch of turmeric
- 1 tea spoon garam masala
- 2 table spoon ginger-garlic paste
- 1 table spoon tandoori masala
- 2 table spoon chopped corainder
- 3 tea spoon oil
- 100 grams chicken kheema
- 1 finely chopped onion
- 1/2 tea spoon cumin
- 1 tea spoon ginger-garlic paste
- 2 table spoon chopped cashewnuts
- 1 green chilli chopped
- 1/2 tea spoon cumin powder
- 1/2 tea spoon chiili powder
- 2 table spoons of grated cheese
- 2 table spoons of chopped corainder.