Tomato – 2 nos. chopped
Sev – 1 cup (gram flour vermicili)
green chili – 2 nos chili
Oil – 1 tbsp
Mustard Seeds – 1 tsp
Cumin seeds – 1 tsp
Dry Red chili – 1 no
hing a pinch
Turmeric Powder – 1/2 tsp
Salt as per taste
Chili Powder – 1 tsp
Coriander Powder – 1 tsp
Garam masala – 1/2 tsp
Jaggery – 1/2 tsp shredded (optional or adjust according to your taste)
Coriander leaves for garnishing
- Heat the oil in a pan and add mustard, cumin seeds, dry red chili and hing.
- Add chopped tomato with chopped green chili. Add turmeric powder, salt chili powder, coriander powder and garam masala.
- Mix well and cook for 5 minutes.
- Add shredded jaggery and let it melt down in syrup.
- Add 1 cup of water and cook again for 5 minutes. turn off the flame.
- Just before serving add sev in hot boiling tomato curry. mix well and garnish with coriander leaves.
- Sev Tameta nu sak is ready to serve with “bajra na rotla” or “roti” or Paratha
Khichdi Kadhi, one of the most popular combo meal in Gujarat especially in kathiyawad region. It is a very healthy and comfort food. A favorite meal among all age group. Kadhi and Khichdi both has its own versions depends upon the style and add-on ingredients
- Blend the curd and besan in a bowl. Add 2-3 cups of water into it.
- Heat the above prepared liquid in a sauce pan and add salt, chili powder, turmeric powder, and jaggery. Cook for 5-7 minutes.
- In other pan heat the oil and add the ingredient of seasoning. Once they stop fluttering add this seasoning into above prepared kadhi. Cook for few minutes until you get desired consistency.
- Garnish with Coriander. Serve hot with Plain Khichdi .
- Mix rice and dal in a bowl and wash it properly with water. Soak in water for 10 minutes. Drain and add it into pressure cooker along with 4 cups of water. Add salt, turmeric, ginger and 1/2 tsp of ghee. Mix well and close the lid of cooker.
- Cook it for 4-5 whistles. Let it cool down for 10 minutes until steam come out completely. Once cool down open the lid and mash it with the spoon.
- Serve out in a bowl and top it with a spoon of ghee. Serve with Kadhi and papa