Baida roti is one of Mumbai’s delicious street side snack. A famous order at Mumbai’s Bade Miyan, baida roti is maida roti filled with minced meat and egg. For an easy baida roti recipe, you can substitute the process of making the rotis with ready-made s sheets.
- Refined Flour 1
- Eggs 1 cup
- Olive oil 1 tbsp + for shallow frying
- Baking powder a pinch
- Refined flour (maida) 1 1/2 cups
- Salt to taste
- Olive oil 2 tablespoons
- Onion grated 1 medium
- Green chillies chopped 2
- Garam masala powder 1/4 teaspoon
- Fresh coriander leaves chopped 2 tablespoons
- Eggs whisked 8
- Salt to taste
- Sift refined flour into a bowl. Add salt, one tablespoon olive oil, baking powder and egg. Mix well and knead into a soft dough adding water as required. Divide the dough into eight equal portions and roll into round balls.
- Keep the dough covered with a damp cloth. Heat two tablespoons of olive oil in a pan. Add onion and sauté till light brown. Add mutton mince, green chillies and salt. Cover and cook on medium heat for twenty minutes or till the mince is cooked and completely dry. Add garam masala powder and coriander leaves and mix well. Roll out each dough ball into a thin square chapati.
- Place a tablespoon or two of mince in the centre and pour two tablespoons of beaten egg over it. Fold in sides to make a square packet. Heat a non-stick pan and place the chapati packet on it. Pour some more beaten egg over and drizzle oil.
- Slowly turn over and pour a little more of the beaten egg so that the dough-mince packet is covered with egg on all sides. Gently fry on low heat till all the sides are golden and crisp. Cut into half. Serve hot with green chutney.