Halloween this year will be celebrated on October 31st. However festivities in India have already begun and many pubs and lounges are giving offers and discounts in their drinks and food. Several offices have organised Halloween themed parties.
Every October, carved pumpkins peer out from porches and doorsteps in the United States and other parts of the world.Gourd-like orange fruits inscribed with ghoulish faces and illuminated by candles are a sure sign of the Halloween season. The practice of decorating “jack-o’-lanterns”—the name comes from an Irish folktale about a man named Stingy Jack—originated in Ireland, where large turnips and potatoes served as an early canvas. Irish immigrants brought the tradition to America, home of the pumpkin, and it became an integral part of Halloween festivities.
So Pumpkin plays a Important role even in Halloween Recipes … Though Pumpkin is very Humble Vegetable , But It Humble vegetable could be so exotic Only CHEF OM NAYAK OF THE PASTA BOWL COMPANY , Restaurant based in Gurgaon which is dedicated to Sicilian Kitchen and preserves the Authenticity of Sicilian Kitchen … With Strong Belief , EAT SEASONAL , EAT FRESH , CHEF OM NAYAK SHARED WITH US , THE RECIPES FOR HALLOWEEN ..
CAPPELLACCI DI ZUCCA : Fresh Stuffed Pasta
Serves 5 portions
- 5 eggs
- 350 grams pasta flour, plus more for dusting
- 1 tablespoon Olive oil for marination of Butter nut pumpkin
- 1 garlic clove
- 600 grams butternut pumpkin
- 100 grams freshly grated parmigiano reggiano cheese
- Freshly grated nutmeg
- salt and freshly ground black pepper
- 100 grams butter
- Fresh sage leaves
Making the Dough
- Mix Eggs, Flour and salt. Knead Well. About 3 mins should be ok. Keep it for 30 mins.
Making the Filling
- Preheat the oven to 375°F (190°C). Lightly oil a baking sheet. Peel and Cut the Pumpkin and scoop out the seeds and cut into small dices Bake the squash for 45 mins along with garlic or until well cooked
- Place it in a bowl, mesh it well, stir in the cheese and grate the nutmeg and some crushed pepper corns and mix well.
Making the Pasta
- Roll out the pasta dough very thin so as to literally see the yellowish filling inside
- Cut the pasta sheet into 2 ½ inch squares.
- Place 1 spoon of filling and stick the parallel ends together to form a triangle and then stick the other ends together for form the Cappellacci.
- In boiling water, cook Cappellacci for 3-4 mins approximately or Until firm or as they say “Al Dente”
- Melt the butter in a pan and add sage leaves
- Transfer Cappellacci to the pan, add few spoons of stock if needed.
- Check on the seasoning.
- Top up with some Parmesan Cheese. Serve Hot.
RISOTTO ALLA ZUCCA Italian Creamy Rice
Serves 5 portions
500 grams Arborio Rice
300 grams Roasted Butter Nut Pumpkin
120 grams Butter
100 grams Parmigiano Reggiano Cheese
2 grams rosemary leaves
2 cloves of Garlic
3 table spoon chopped Onion
1.25 ltr Stock
- To the pan add butter, garlic and onions. Sauté till transparent
- Add roasted Butternut Pumpkin and Arborio Rice
- While stirring, keep adding stock in the batches of 250 ml each
- Once half done add rosemary leaves
- After adding all the stock OR nearing Rice being soft add Parmesan Cheese
- Check Seasoning and add crushed black pepper
- Serve Hot